King Charles III has been crowned alongside Queen Camilla in ceremony steeped in splendour and tradition inside Westminster Abbey.
A host of other events have been planned for the rest of the weekend. Here is your guide to what will happen on Sunday and Monday.
Neighbours and communities across the UK are being invited to share food and fun together as part of the Coronation Big Lunch.
From 20:00, The Coronation Concert will showcase the country’s diverse cultural heritage in music, theatre and dance. Kirsty Young will anchor the live coverage for BBC TV and BBC iPlayer and Clara Amfo and Jordan Banjo will be backstage with the artists.
The concert will see a world-class orchestra play a host of musical favourites and will also feature, for the first time ever, a joint performance from The Royal Ballet, The Royal Opera House, the Royal Shakespeare Company, The Royal College of Music and The Royal College of Art.
As part of the show, ten locations around the UK including Blackpool, Sheffield, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Newcastle and Gateshead, Cornwall and Belfast will be lit up in a live sequence as part of Lighting Up The Nation.
On Bank Holiday Monday, members of the public will be invited to take part in The Big Help Out, aiming to raise awareness of volunteering.
Thousands of organisations across the country are encouraging the public to make a difference in their local communities, with plenty of opportunities to get involved.
For those staying at home, specially-commissioned programming will be available on iPlayer, including Charles R: The Making of a Monarch, Songs of Praise: A Coronation Celebration and Stitching for Britain.
Partying across the UK
Pubs, clubs and bars across England and Wales will stay open for an extra two hours on Friday and Saturday. This map allows you to search for events in your area. Here are just a few examples of other events that will be happening around the UK:
- Coronation Ceilidh in Culrain: A ceilidh band and piper will be playing at Culrain & District Community Hall on Saturday
- “Blitz Party” in Hereford: “The Shack Revolution” wedding venue will be turned into a World War Two bomb shelter, with live swing music, burlesque cabaret and vintage DJs
- Brass Band Concert in Norwich: The Foden’s Band will perform in St Andrews & Blackfriars Hall on Sunday for the royal occasion
- Community Paddle in Enniskillen: Hundreds of paddlers will loop around the historic island town of Enniskillen on Monday
- Coronation Ball in York: A black tie dance to a 20-piece band will be held at the Grand Assembly Rooms on Sunday
- Foodies Festival in Cardiff: The touring celebrity food and music festival will take place at Bute Park across the weekend